Hi all … this is an update on the PTHS Garden!
- Getting garden planted up with lettuces, spinach, mesclun mixes, herbs, kale, etc.
- Pollinator garden has been installed and we are now trying to keep up with weeding and watering
- A grant has supplied the district with 3 new EarthCubes (active link). One cube will be at HS and two at new school. Administrators have contacted me about attempting to compost most of the district’s food waste next year! We have some serious work to do to realize that goal, but I’m excited that others are really thinking about this now.
- Irrigation system is up and running because it has not really rained in quite a long time.
- Hope Roofing is volunteering the material and installation of our wash shed roof. It is awaiting final metal roof install and then I need to get the water input/output set up.
- Still planning on participating in Farm Tour, but have not officially submitted application yet.
Thanks everyone for all of your hard work. See you around soon.